Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Accidental Falsehood

What is it they say about the best laid plans?

I was talking to a friend this evening and told her that I felt guilty. She asked, "Why?" and I replied, "Because I'm a woman. And that's what we do!"

I have felt badly because I said I'd be writing...and so far that hasn't materialized. After many months of anticipation, we finally got a new computer....but we don't yet have the internet. It may be a few more weeks before I can actually get back to where I'd like to be. But in all honesty, even if we'd had access at home the past couple of weeks, my site would - as the Christmas song says - "In solemn stillness lay."

I've been working 12-hour days to save money for Christmas. Even though in everything that counts, our family is rich, it would be nice to have some special gifts underneath the tree this year. It seems that no matter how many hours I work, the neccessities of life have a way of gobbling things up before I get a chance to explore the nicities. But with any luck things will hold out while Mrs. Claus helps Santa, and the new year will bring blessings with a smaller price tag.

It's been a long tunnel, but I never doubted the brightness on the other side. Don't give up on me.....I promise I'm still here.

5 comments:

Martie said...

I knew it, I just knew it. You finally acquired another computer. Hooray!!! Don't worry about not having hooked to the internet.....we've waited this long, a little longer won't kill us. And those of us who love you, miss you, but know that you are well worth waiting for!!! HUGS, my friend...and don't fret anymore!!

alan said...

I could never give up on you...I look forward too much to each and every word!

Hoping that life eases up a bit so you can enjoy the holidays!

alan

Mike said...

hmmmmmm and here I told everyone you were back!!!!!!

See ya when you get here! :-)

srp said...

We are still here, holding down the fort but waiting for your beautiful words.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lori. Your blog makes me miss you so much. Look for a very late Christmas card.