Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Stitch in Time

Two weeks ago my daughter, a friend of mine and her daughter went shopping for material. Our school play is coming up and I always help out with costumes. This year's production has a fifties theme so it's all about ginghamed waitresses with little luncheonette hats, poodle skirts and leather jackets.

I'll be back, I promise. But for now you'll catch me cutting and stitching, serenaded by the sewing machine, and "bonding" with fusible interfacing!

7 comments:

Michael said...

Keep up the good work! You are so multi-talented....its SCARY! :-)

McSwain said...

You're such a good Mom! Have fun, and I hope to see pictures!

martie said...

We'll all be waiting when you are done with your sewing! Do what you have to do.....:)

alan said...

You look so happy working away in that chair...best of luck with your costuming!

alan

Pete Mitchell said...

It's great to see you so actively involved in your children's lives. They will remember that forever.

What's the play?

Networkchic said...

I must learn to sew. Happy stitching.

MacroMoments said...

Lori, you are one brave woman! The kids must love you. I like to sew, but I'm not sure I'd hold up well under a deadline like that.

Hey, take a picture of the finished costumes, ok?