Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Little Reminder



Mornings are not my time of day. I'm never ready when the alarm goes off and envy the people who can jump right up with a smile on their face.

The other morning I was in the bathroom, getting ready for work when I noticed a small leaf on the floor. This was rather odd since I hadn't been outside yet and the leaf didn't match any of the small trees in our yard.

I picked it up and smiled: it was shaped like a heart.

Sometimes I get caught up in the frenzy of "back to school" and the busyness of the early hours. I don't stop to appreciate all the love in my life and how lost I would be without it. How lovely then, that when I least expected it I was reminded in a way that was subtle, natural....profound. Thank you. I needed that...

No comments: