Sunday, March 12, 2006

It's been sew long

I've had to step out of my writing mode for a few days to catch up on other aspects of my life. I'm a terrible procrastinator and have put off some serious sewing that has needed to be done for awhile now. My daughter is in a 1950's theme musical and will be playing the part of the Luncheonette owner. I had to make three of these dresses (shown here in various stages of construction!) and a couple of poodle skirts. Aprons and caps are still on the drawing table...

These 'little' projects always end up taking more time than I initially think...and it's been a crazy weekend of playing catch up.

Many thoughts are swirling around in my head, and I promise I'll be back with something worth reading before too long. But for now, it's back to the machine...

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's some poodle. And those dresses are PERFECT! Your girl's lucky to have such a talented mom.

alan said...

So talented in so many ways; the seamstress work is gorgeous!

Isn't it funny how doing something with your hands can free your mind?

alan

Networkchic said...

you are such a good mom. I'm making you my role model. Ok?

Michelle said...

Does the plethera of your talents ever end? Can I adopt you?

Mike said...

Good work Lorster!

Mellissa said...

Wow,

All that and you can sew like a champ.

You are AMAZING!!!

Mellissa

srp said...

I haven't sewed for so long my machine would go into shock if I started it. I miss sewing.

Martie said...

Wow....you are so multi-talented! I keep telling you, you are AWESOME!!

Ginger said...

I'm always so impressed ("sew impressed!") with people who can turn out creations like this. Costumers for dramas are my heroes!

Jacqueline said...

Well done, Lori - those dresses are beautiful! Yes, sewing projects take alot of time and the tailor needs ingenuity and creativity to accomplish them and you're blessed with this talent :-)

I used to enjoy sewing too, stitching clothes for myself, hubby and sons, etc. especially trying the most challenging designs. It also help tremendously when my budget was really tight then! Crocheting and cross-stitching were my past hobbies too. I tried knitting but the farthest I succeeded were a pair of incomplete booties!