Sunday, April 15, 2007

Out of Commission


I've been under the weather for the past few days. An unrelenting fever took up residence in my body last Thursday and has refused to give up its grip. In its hip pocket it brought intense headaches and weakness, and I've had little interest or energy for much since.

But, the good news is......the sun is shining in Kansas! After a cold and rainy week, the welcome glow of spring has finally arrived and this time, I think it's here to stay.

I'm planning on going to the doctor tomorrow and am hopeful he'll have the perfect fix for what ails me.

Here's to chicken soup, sunshine and 70 degrees!

2 comments:

srp said...

Sending special thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery! So glad to hear that it is nice somewhere? It snowed (ok, just a dusting) and was cold on Easter weekend. It was cool most of the week, then into the 80's on Thursday and the 60's on Friday and even the 70's on Saturday and early Sunday. Then everything broke loose and the rains came dumping two inches and the temperatures fell from almost 80 into the 40's in a couple of hours and now the wind is howling and blowing and it is sooooo cold! But good to get under those blankets and sleep which is where I should be right now.....

Do take care!

Mike said...

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather.

I have been remarkably illness free this past winter and spring. But now that I have talked about it....I think I feel a sniffle coming on...:-)

Yesterday we tasted high 60's...and it tasted GOOD! I really was not made to live in the north! BRING ME SUNSHINE!

Get well Lorster! Drop me a line when you get some time!