Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Almost 16...

This picture is almost 16 years old now. My son was just a few hours old, sitting here with his sister and me. It was a difficult labor and delivery, evident from my swollen face and the bruising beneath my eyes. But he was worth it.

My parents had left the morning before on a trip to Seattle to see my brother and his family. The last thing my mother said to me was, "Now Lori, don't have that baby while I'm gone!" Since I had 2 1/2 more weeks to go, I was confident she'd be back for his arrival. I still remember the shock in her voice when I called to tell her he was here.

And my little girl....just getting over an eye infection and overwhelmed with the appearance of this foreign little being. How could she know that he would become her very best friend.

I remember thinking, "My little family is now complete." I had no idea just how many wonderful days lay ahead nor the happiness that would be ours. I was 30 years old....and the world was mine with this bountiful lapful of blessings.

1 comment:

Martie said...

I love this picture of you and your babies! Such unconditional love we have for them right from the beginning.

Very nicely put........ it touches my heartstrings!

Hugs