Monday, April 21, 2008

Have Fun, Do Well, Smell the Roses...

Things have been busy in Kansas, at least in my corner of the world. And though I haven't had a lot of extra time for writing, truth be told...I've been concentrating more on living life right now than writing about it.

With my daughter's graduation looming close on the horizon and end of the school year activities, I've been turning my attention elsewhere in preparation for the events ahead. And though I have
a plethora of things to pen (or type in this case!) it's almost more than I know how to articulate.

On Saturday my daughter and two of her Forensics team members traveled to Regionals to compete. She and her partner scored I's in IDA and Duet Acting and will represent our school as they head to the state competition in a couple of weeks.

Their coach and teacher invited me along, and it was so much fun watching the girls as they soared to the top. We had such a great day; taking time for a leisurely lunch and shopping at the mall. We stopped for ice cream on the way back home and laughed so hard that we cried. The best way to spend time together.

Life has a way of keeping us stretched between all the things that we have to do. Sometimes we must make a conscious
choice to put all of that aside and give ourselves permission to have a little fun. The roses are definitely beautiful when seen from afar, but there's nothing like experiencing their wonderful fragrance first hand.

This was definitely a day of roses.

Now that spring is finally here, may you carry a song within your heart, find laughter along your pathway and fill your pockets with the sweet aroma of the simplistic joys we are all meant to share.

1 comment:

Martie said...

Congrats to your daughter and her friends! I'm glad you had the chance to take some time for you and enjoy what you need to enjoy and not let these opportunities pass you by! I love reading your posts, but I like even more, knowing that you are enjoying life to the fullest! Hugs my friend!