Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Birthday Memory

In October of 1982 during a break in my college schedule, my family and I traveled to Missouri and Arkansas for a short vacation. I spent my birthday in the car on our way back home; not the best way to celebrate, especially when I was prone to car sickness!

On a lonesome highway, out in the middle of nowhere, we noticed a sign at the top of an old abandoned shed. As we got closer, much to our surprise, we saw that the sign bore my name: Lori Lynn. We promptly pulled over and my sister shot this photograph on an overcast October 17th - my 21st birthday.

We're always told to watch for signs in life. I just never realized they could be so obvious!

7 comments:

Martie said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to you, my dear friend!

May you be blessed on this your special day with all the love, kindness, consideration and caring that you are so deserving of, and may it carry on into the rest of your days!

Hugs!

Coy Hill said...

Happy Birthday Lori!!

What an enjoyable special birthday story!

~Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to you!

To have seen the sign with your name on it AND on your birthday is awesome!

Mike said...

Happy Birthday! Have a goodin! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

What a neat coincidence! Or was it?

Cas

alan said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Lori and a hundred happy returns!

alan

John Doe 33 said...

I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday!!!