Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love old handkerchiefs, but there's something about this one that appeals to my sentimental heart. It speaks of days gone by when it was o.k. for a lady to covet posy-covered linens, sweet smelling sachets and laced-edge dresses. There have been times where I've felt misplaced in this generation; out of step with my old-fashioned ideas and longing for romance. And yet, I wouldn't want to change.

Each February 14th, I set out this sweet reminder of a simpler time. I love its wispy, delicate feel..... and my heart remembers the ladies from my past. It is as dear to me as the Valentine boxes from my youth; other sweet mementos that always give me pause.

Valentine's Day is the perfect time to celebrate such loveliness. It's a day of roses and chocolate, winged cupids and soulful sentiments. It's not about the size of a bouquet or lavish gifts, but expressions to - and from - those who touch the gilded edges of our hearts.

May you remember those who have brought - and continue to bring - joy to your life, and may you be touched by the soft tip of Cupid's loving arrow!

3 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Hey Lori, Just wanted to stop by to say "hi".

Mike said...

Happy Valentines Day to you Lorster! Enjoy this special kind of day for people that believe in romance!

Tom said...

Hello Lori
I have to leave my comment here on this.. what a beautiful piece this is.. I fully understand your thinking on these matter, I too at times feel I would have suited another time... but then I look at who and what I spend my life with now and contentment and love make me realise it was just a dream, a day dream. It's fine having these thoughts and dreams.. escaping to a bygone age can be so relaxing.. Enjoy your dreams, you have a very beautiful out look on life.